Friday, April 4, 2008

You Don't Know, Do You?

I really don't think he understands that my heart is kinda breaking already and it's been maybe a little over a week since we started talking or whatever this situation is?

I'm not used to this limited mode of communication when someone is ACTUALLY interested in me. Things usually progress pretty fast, we get to talking cute and what not, and I'M the one who leaves because it's usually with someone I'm attracted to only because I'm lonely and don't always realize what I'm doing. Alcohol, contrary to popular opinion, does not help these situations.

But now that I'm in a situation with someone I like genuinely and who likes me hopefully in the same way, I find myself suffering the fate of those doomed to not be attractive in my eyes. Just reading what he does and the way he communicates, that's how I talk to people I don't like, either at all or anymore. Is this karma? I guess doing that to people has its consequences.

It's just so frustrating! I'm a txt or a call away, you know? He is, too, but there comes a point in any interaction where it feels like one person is carrying the brunt of it and the other is responsive, or not, because he or she has to be. I'm getting fed up easily and rather quickly and I wish it wasn't like this. I want him to prove me wrong, but I'm not sure if he will. I'm thinking of just saying "This is how I feel. I can't read you and that bothers me because all the signs to point to this being mutual" or something to that effect.

This sucks.

No comments: