Monday, March 2, 2009

Where the Heart Is

Day Four: I'm thankful that I will always have some kind of home to return to. My family is there and I trust that it always will be. My mother, father, grandparents, cousins, they all love me unconditionally and I'm blessed because of it.

I was drinking with the straight boys Friday and I decided I wanted my own bed to sleep in. Luckily, my house is only about 10 minutes away from where we were partying. I got home to find someone in my "bed" (technically it's not mine), so I accosted my sister's since she was sleeping on the couch. It was nice, comfortable, and the alcohol was wearing off. I was home. I was protected. If I ever need to get away, I can just go home, even though I can't stay for long for fear of losing my sanity.

I have a home to return to, and that is one of the greatest gifts anyone could receive.

No comments: