Monday, March 2, 2009

Optimists and Pessimists

An optimist laughs to forget, a pessimist forgets to laugh.

Unknown

Day Six:
I'm grateful for laughter. There's something bright and positive that emanates from a laugh. When a baby laughs, it's full of joy. When adults laugh, it can be to forget sadness and grief. We need to laugh to really experience life. I don't know any other way personally. As I told my friends at work today, I'm happy that I'm so easily amused. Being able to laugh at so many things exponentially increases joy in someone's life. If I wasn't able to laugh at so much, I don't know where I'd be. I love being able to laugh, or even better, make other people laugh. Seeing a laugh and a smile on someone's face is beautiful, and being able to do that is so much more than rewarding.

I like being able to smile, to laugh at the little memories. I love being able to appreciate a good joke, or very good irony. Laughter is a wonderful gift, a treasure. Never forget to laugh.

Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life

No comments: