Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Negligence

I view the blog as my baby, and if it really were, I'd probably be in police or Child Services custody right now. I told myself the other day not to make it a blog about bitching; sure, it's fine to vent, but I don't want someone to see this and just view me as some emotional and unappreciative brat.

I'm watching Project Runway, a simple pleasure for cable tv. I love this show. So much! I wish I could design even with half the talent of the worst contestants. I'm afraid my favorite is going to get kicked off tonight...

This break, even though I do have to work for most of its duration, is well needed. Like my Fall Break, I'm getting the chance to really relax, something I can't always do in a dorm room. I needed to get away from everything and everyone. No foul against them, with a couple exceptions, but the emotional tension I feel is usually that preceeding my "disappearing act." I shell up in my room for a few days, or weeks like last fall. Seriously, I don't know what I did for the latter half of the semester. Somehow I survived til the spring. I don't want to do that to my friends though, but I'm reaching that point. What do I need to say or do to prevent this?

I just need time to think. I always need time to think. Away from people. It's one of my neuroses and I hate it.

I wanted to find a flower that symbolized negligence, but instead I went with a Morning Glory, which can symbolize departure. I chose a single, blue one because, guess why for the former, and blue has always had a somber feel to it. Even though the color of this flower is incredibly vibrant, the blue gets the emotions across that I intended.

No comments: