Friday, June 20, 2008

It's Alright, It's Alright, It's Alright...

I got this idea from another blog, and I think it would be helpful for anyone who's ever down for whatever reasons.

It's okay for me to feel hurt when my feelings are unrequited, or when things don't work out. It's okay for me to know what I want. It's okay for me to have standards and stick to them. It's okay to have integrity, dignity. It's okay to cry when I need to. It's okay to feel lonely. It's okay to want to be loved. It's okay to desire someone.

It's okay to be alone. It's okay for me not to have a boyfriend. It's okay to have an empty bed. It's okay to have no one to go home to. It's okay to be single. It's okay to take time to enjoy being single. It's okay to look, even if you plan on not touching. It's okay to draw lines to avoid settling for someone. It's okay to listen to sad songs to cry, just to get the emotions out.

It's okay to be mad at someone when they deserve it. It's okay to be fair. It's okay to leave a situation alone if it stresses you out more than it should.

It's okay to be alone.

It's alright, it's alright, it's alright

1 comment:

CreoleInDC said...

And it is. The trick is to not be LONELY. Surround yourself with positive people who love you and have your best interest at heart. Once you do that...everything you want will follow because you'll be in a place to recognize what you do and don't deserve.

I promise.