Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Impatience

I asked a friend if I'm rational in being impatient with guys and what I perceive as bullshit. She said, "Yes." I do know what I'm worth and what I'm willing to put up with, and I've been less and less willing to deal with a lot. I don't like this whole flirting or dating game because it seems like both sides won't be upfront, and the last time that did happen with me nothing came of it.

Oh wait... I have been up front! I don't know how many times I have to say 'I like you' or 'I want you' for someone to get it through their head. Which often leads me to conclude: they don't feel the same. I wonder if common sense always has to factor into someone figuring that out, or should the other side say something about it? He hasn't said anything about not wanting a relationship. Should the "Looking for: Friendship" crap on Facebook mean something? What about his flirting? See why my mind is going crazy?

As the days go by I realize how much more I want to be single JUST to avoid the mess that is "talking to" or dating someone. Guys my age can't get their shit straight, I believe. Hell, I barely can sometimes. This just leads me to believe I should clean the slate, which includes that one guy I was just being nice to because I can't even handle rejecting someone, let alone rejection itself. It always feels like whatever I go through with some guy I inflict on someone else. How the hell is that fair?

I've been giving up on people too easily, but that's only because having faith in people doesn't help me by any means.

No comments: