Thursday, February 26, 2009

Heartbreaker

So, for Day 2:

I'm thankful for the fact that people recover from wounds, and that he's learned how to respect people, even if that means hurting them at first. Whoever said breaking up with people is easy was dead wrong. It's not easy at all, especially when the person you're breaking up with really does deserve the best, but you're not happy. When they treated you right, but you couldn't love them like they love you. To some people, this would be great. I can't lie to myself, or him, like that. One day, we'll recover. He'll stop hating me, we'll talk and be good friends.

It hurts, honestly, but to go back and repeat the same pattern is worthless, and I think we've both realized that.

The thought of being single again is a little exciting, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't, but the thought of repeating this situation is less than exhilarating. But, it was a new experience, and I learned. I just don't know where it fits in the pattern, because it's a new scheme. We'll see...

In the words of Alicia Keys
"Yes, I was burned but I call it a lesson learned
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright..."

Wherever you are right now, I really do hope you're okay.

No comments: