Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Baggage Claim

Something I just thought of. If (when) I become a successful therapist, I'm probably going to use this as one of my activities:

List of Baggage and Current Status:

8 months of the worst year of my life
Status: I realized the other day that I finally had let go of that toxic non-relationship (looong story). The reason I'm not talking to him is because, if he hasn't changed, I'm not going to risk him or myself doing any damage. It's a smart move. Baggage claimed and packed away.

Two instances of a no call, no show:
Status: Yea, you were both pretty stupid. Baggage claimed and packed away.

What could have been...:
Status: It still does hurt sometimes, but I'm letting go. You just weren't it, and neither was I, but some other guy was. I can't count that against myself. Baggage... Pretty much left at the airport, tired of dealing with it.

Mixed signals:
Status: I should try being your friend, like actually try. It might be hard, it might not. Willing to take the risk, though, if it means not dating. Baggage claimed and packed away.

Letting you down:
Status: Knowing I wouldn't call you back, I shouldn't have given you my number. I don't know how to let people down, but I need to learn so I don't hurt anyone more than I need to. Baggage claimed.

No comments: