Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nothing

I call myself nothing because religion nor atheism, often considered the two opposing poles in belief systems, can answer questions. Yet, I am scared to call myself 'Nothing' because people will force labels on me. They'll tell me I really believe in God, or that I'm not a real atheist, though this is the closest to what I am by choice.

I am nothing because I don't know how hate can exist and people can justify it with God and say that it is plan, though I respect and admire those whose faith remains strong in God, Allah, or whomever despite such pain, strife, and struggling among those who share our genus and species.

I am nothing because I choose to be nothing. I am quieter with no voices talking, with no searching but that which takes place in the journey I am willfully embarking on to improve my life and, by extension, improve the lives of others.

I am Nothing. Forever, I will tell you I am Nothing.

Nothing provides answers, and, even within its amorphous cloud, provides solace.

No comments: